Mission of the NJCA
The New Jersey Communication Association is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to the open exchange of ideas, information and research about communication. Our goals are:
- To promote, sustain and recognize excellence in communication scholarship, research and application.
- To provide a network for fellowship, contacts and professional opportunities.
- To serve as a clearinghouse for information related to regional academic programs in areas pertinent to the study of communication.
- To promote community and cooperation among academic, private and public entities mutually concerned with the understanding and management of communication.
- To provide opportunities for professional growth and development.
- To provide a forum for student participation in an academic and professional environment.
- To encourage interdisciplinary research and interaction.
- To encourage reciprocal cooperation and research among institutions.
- To advocate for the development and implementation of communication education at all levels of curricula.